Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Wine Groove #3

Can you believe it has been more than two years since I invented the Summer Wine Groove, and this is only the third? Unacceptable. But my shrink has me doing EFT tapping. (Look it up.) I tap, and I say (yes, out loud), "even though I haven't posted a Summer Wine Groove in two years, I completely and totally accept myself." You can put anything in the "even though" part. For instance, you could say, "even though I just blew $100 on eye cream when I have 17 eye creams in my bathroom already. . ." or "even though I pathetically still miss my ex from 5 years ago. . ." or "even though I squeal like a girl every time I see a bug. . ." or "even though I just ate four candy bars in a row. . ." or "even though I just elbowed that woman in the stomach to get to the guacamole. . ." or "even though I deleted the baby's favorite movie from the DVR to make room for episodes of House Hunters I've seen three times, (especially if HH International). . ." or "even though I got caught dancing to the dumbest song ever by the father of my student, who is, by the way, a Baptist preacher of the Footloose variety. . ." Not that I have ever done any of these things. Not at all.

Here are the reasons I love white wine. 
1) Nobody else does, and I want to be an iconoclast standing alone on a mountainside.
2) South African Chenin Blanc
3) New Zealand Sauvys
4) Torrontes
5) AlbariƱo
6) Picpoul de Pinet
7) People who only like red are wine poseurs.
8) I associate white wine with heat and beaches. Who doesn't like heat? Who doesn't like beaches??

Anyway. For instrux on how to do this (the Summer Wine Groove, not the EFT), see the first: http://mommysortof.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-wine-groove-1.html?m=1

Today's wine is a South African Chenin Blanc (with a touch of Viognier) called Essay. I don't know if there are other years, but I'm drinking the 2012. I am in love with it. $9, people. Alright, maybe $10. The song is "Fences" by Peas. Sounds silly I know, but it is some good shit. Enjoy.

1 comment: