Thursday, September 5, 2013

Summer Wine Groove #5

Song: "Last Request," Paolo Nutini 2006 
Wine: Desiderio Jeio Colmei Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore 2008


Make sure you get the 2008. I'm not sure why all these Vivino bitches give it three stars, but trust me: They are mistaken. I'm not even sure you can get this wine for less than $20, and it's pretty hard to find. Still it's here on my Summer Wine Groove because it is that good. 

I've loved this song, hard, for seven years. Paolo Nutini isn't an old man, though he sounds like it, and he's more Irish than Italian. He was 19 when this single was released. He had help with it, but I have reason to believe (research, people -- I don't know him) he wrote the lyrics himself. His live impact is undeniable. I love how at the end of this version, he seems to not know where he is. When I was a drama major, we all fought for that feeling. We acted more to transport ourselves than any audience, when we were doing it right. Acting is the best way to lose yourself in a story. But I feel sad that Nutini had to live this story so young. 

"I realize all about your lies, but I'm no wiser than the that fool I was before." Yo. I hope she did it with him one more time. I would have. I mean: look.



No comments:

Post a Comment